Sunday, December 13, 2009

Avoiding Media


In our last essay assignment, we were asked to avoid media and technology for 48 hours. It was weird trying not to use my phone, computer, and iPod as they are all part of my every day routine.


While avoiding technology, I realized how much we depend on technology in day-to-day life. Without my phone, I felt disconnected from my friends and at a loss for information. I had to use the internet to get all of my homework assignments and stay up to date on class work, and all assignments had to be word processed.


Doing all of my work without music on actually helped me focus more, but I was bored and at a loss for things to do when I needed a break.


Though it was nice to disconnect for a little while, I was happy to get all of my media back.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same as you about being disconnected from friends while we were not allowed to use the media. it was impossible to get ahold of people when i needed to meet up with them. Although i disagree with you about the listening to music. It ended up talking to people more and daydreaming with out my music on while i was doing homework.

    ReplyDelete